In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?

Anonymous
2023-03-02T15:18:14+00:00

In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?

I am using Microsoft 365.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-06T00:43:41+00:00

    This worked for me, but I only had to turn off Optional diagnostic data. And I did not have to open and close Excel. Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T18:18:41+00:00

    Yes, that is typically my experience. A reboot will resolve the problem, but not for long. I use Word and Excel a great deal, but it is not a mission-critical app. And when I return to it an need the Help access or the feature that gives you extra forms or even routine forms like page number placements the problem returns.

    The annoyance is at a very high level.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T17:47:28+00:00

    Interesting. I had those options already set the way you said, but for the heck of it I changed them and changed them back, and upon restarting Excel I have help access for the first time ever! Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T19:14:50+00:00

    It turned out that I had to sign in to Microsoft. With that done, the error went away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T17:54:13+00:00

    I was unable to find this issue documented at the Microsoft Feedback Portal, so I just posted at https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/db1e9bdb-488d-ee11-a81c-0022484f9f6d

    If anyone wants to vote on this at the Feedback Portal, it might be helpful to get Microsoft to look at it more closely and correct it.

    Thanks for doing this Mark. I upvoted your submission and added a comment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments