In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?

Anonymous
2023-03-02T15:18:14+00:00

In excel, when I click the help (?) icon, I get "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again." My network connection is fine. How do I correct this error?

I am using Microsoft 365.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T19:14:46+00:00

    Windows 11 21H2 OS Build 22000.2538

    Office 365

    The help button links to the internet to provide help. Makes sense help is a very large file it is good to keep it in one place. BUT, if the application can't connect to the internet (when everything else on your computer can) it is not a good thing. It is a bad thing.

    Other items attached to the internet are the Megaphone and information about the system and examples for page numbering.

    Those are the only ones I have had the misfortune to find, I imagine there are probably dozens more.

    So no help here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T18:53:14+00:00

    To what Pro Version(s) are you referring? If you are referring to the OS, I am running the Office 365 desktop programs on the latest version of Win 10 Pro build 19045-3448.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T18:38:29+00:00

    I got Help working in Excel. I can't remember what the fix was. The problem still exists in Word. MS won't fix this or advise us what the fix is because it simply doesn't affect a greater number of users. If this was Power BI or something to do with AI, it would have been fixed in the first moments it was brought to their attention by enough users. I'm running the Office 365 version. I'd be curious to know if it happens in the Pro version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T17:47:01+00:00

    Are you using the desktop installed Microsoft 365 programs? Those programs are the ones I have that demonstrate the intermittent failure of the web-based Help functionality. The only megaphone I can find in those programs is when I click on File then then select Office Account. In the resulting window a What's New button with a megaphone on it is available. The problem still persists though it seems a little less frequent.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T14:56:00+00:00

    In my case, when I clicked on the Megaphone, the "Sorry, something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again" disappeared. The option was there for me to try the "New Features" or whatever it was called and clicking on that, I got rid of the 'something went wrong' thing and my icons on the Quick Access Toolbar was changed to Text, which I wanted.

    It has been reported in another thread, that that option is not there because without permission, Microsoft switched to the New Features anyway, thus leaving no option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments