Family Safety - Not able to see location of family members anymore just get the message "We couldn't find their location"

Anonymous
2023-02-19T09:49:02+00:00

Hi,

Over the past week, none of us using the family safety app in the family are able to see the location details of other family members. The settings are all fine and everyone is still sharing their location all the time. Any idea how we can resolve the issue.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-19T18:28:49+00:00

    I have the same problem. First it happened on my wife's phone (One plus 10), and now it is happening on my Surface Duo.

    My kids have Iphones, and it works for them. I use the family safety app on PC and I am able to see them no problem, but last update from my phone and my wife's was 8+ days ago.

    Thus, there is something wrong with the Android app. I have all permissions set correctly, and indeed, if I uninstall the app and re-install it works for a short time, and then stops working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-26T23:15:54+00:00

    You have a broader issue, too many of us are experiencing this issue and everyone started experiencing it about the same time.

    Pixel 7 Pro and Samsung S20 both no longer reporting location as of about 2 weeks ago. Will work momentarily if doing an uninstall and reinstall.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-24T17:00:50+00:00

    I have the same issue. I have not been able to see the locations for about a week now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-24T09:44:18+00:00

    I have the same, seems to be something on MS/app side:( I was using app without any problems for few months

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-24T07:27:12+00:00

    Same issue here. My app on the phone shows that I am currently at home. If I log into Microsoft on a browser it says that my location is still at work from a day ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments