Family Safety - Not able to see location of family members anymore just get the message "We couldn't find their location"

Anonymous
2023-02-19T09:49:02+00:00

Hi,

Over the past week, none of us using the family safety app in the family are able to see the location details of other family members. The settings are all fine and everyone is still sharing their location all the time. Any idea how we can resolve the issue.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-02T16:46:00+00:00

    Same problem on all 3 of our devices: Surface Duo 2, Samsung S21, iPhone 12

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-19T13:36:05+00:00

    It is now mid-May of 2023 and this problem persists. I have verified location settings on my children's devices along with location permissions for Microsoft Family Safety, and still I show location unavailable.

    I have reinstalled the app on my device which has worked for a short while in the past but now that no longer seems to correct the issue. Microsoft Family Safety does a fantastic job at application and web filtering but anything relating to location is non-functioning. I have share drive and location enabled on my device with my wife and she can't even see that.

    I went under my settings and attempted to add a place. I began entering the street address and it found it I selected it and named it when I went to save it, I'm presented with a message that it cannot find this place.

    After reading of others' similar problems, issue appears to be related to the newest version of Android which I'm sure this is due to some Google shenanigans. Regardless locations is working for other apps.

    Fortunately I also use Google's family link. It's application and web safety isnt nearly as good as Microsoft Family Safety, but at least I can find the location of my children.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-10T07:12:56+00:00

    Same issue here.

    @Microsoft, how is it possible this issue is still not fixed, the problem is there since february?
    Millions of people use this to find and check the children, would therefore expect that this is currently the very highest priority at Microsoft, but I don't have that idea at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-19T13:10:03+00:00

    Hello

    I am Abdal and I would be glad to help you with your question.

    It's possible that the issue with not being able to see the location details of family members in the Family Safety app could be caused by a number of factors. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

    Check that location sharing is still enabled for all family members: Verify that each family member has location sharing enabled in their device settings and within the Family Safety app.

    Check network connection: Ensure that all devices are connected to a stable network connection with access to the internet.

    Check app permissions: Make sure that the Family Safety app has the necessary permissions to access location information on each family member's device.

    Restart devices: Try restarting all devices and then check if the issue is resolved.

    Update app: Check if there is a pending update for the Family Safety app in the app store and update the app if necessary.

    It's important to note that location data may not always be available, especially if the device is in an area with poor network connectivity or if the location sharing feature is turned off.

    You can refer the below article to know the correct steps to turn on location sharing. https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/796dfbde-1055-86ca-06a6-bb519053d200

    I hope this information helps.

    Regards,

    Abdal

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more