Family Safety - Not able to see location of family members anymore just get the message "We couldn't find their location"

Anonymous
2023-02-19T09:49:02+00:00

Hi,

Over the past week, none of us using the family safety app in the family are able to see the location details of other family members. The settings are all fine and everyone is still sharing their location all the time. Any idea how we can resolve the issue.

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-19T23:42:01+00:00

    I'm experiencing the same issue. Nothing changed but suddenly all family devices, Surface Duo 2, Samsung Galaxy S22+, Samsung Galaxy S22, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, and an iPhone 14 are all not able to see one another on the map and all say "We couldn't find their location."

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-22T13:37:05+00:00

    I am having the exact same issue. I have rebooted multiple times. The only way to temporarily fix it is to uninstall and reinstall the app but after a few hours or so it goes back to giving me the error of not being able to find their location.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-26T12:06:14+00:00

    Hi Abdal, I have done all the steps and checked all the settings. Every time, I uninstall and reinstall on all phones, it works for few hours and then back to same error or it will show very old location (anywhere from 4 hours to 4 days ago).

    The primary point of the app is to show live location, showing old data is useless information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-23T17:56:20+00:00

    I'm have the same issue. It started with one family member 2 weeks ago, and now all family members are not being displayed on the map.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-25T23:47:40+00:00

    Same here, I have to completely reboot to see where anyone is. This isn't good I use this app for my childrens safety. Please fix Microsoft. We all can't be wrong.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments