Remove "Sign in to turn on offline access to your lists" OneDrive notification after removing work account that is no longer used

Anonymous
2022-10-23T14:14:08+00:00

I have recently removed a work account from my Windows 11 installation in my desktop and laptop. While the process has been smooth, there is however a leftover notification that appears during Windows start-up on both devices:

From OneDrive: "Sign in to turn on offline access to your lists"

When clicking on it, it attempts to log into the work account that I have already removed! Unfortunately I am unable to disable this notification from appearing every time I start the PC or laptop. I even attempted to unlink all accounts from OneDrive, and cleared all credentials in the hope that this notification no longer appears; however, after linking back my personal account, it still appears on Windows start-up.

How can I make sure that this notification no longer appears? Are there any places where the work account email is still cached? Can those entries be removed so that this is solved?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | Other | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-06-12T11:03:10+00:00

Remove on HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run the key Microsoft.Lists that points towards C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\23.071.0402.0001\Microsoft.SharePoint.exe

Image

It's only been a couple of start ups, but this gets my vote as the simple solution, nothing else needed. I knew someone would come up with it, brilliant, thank you for fixing this annoying problem.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-05T09:01:48+00:00

    Unfortunately this didn't work for me. The 'Sign in to turn on offline access to your lists' notification re-appeared after two days. Thanks for posting a suggestion even if it was unsuccessful for me (Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Microsoft (Office) 365 18.2301.1131.0)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-21T15:13:54+00:00

    Too bad: it took nearly a month, but the message came back.

    Glanced at the Business1 folder and the Business1 account in the Registry, both were present again and non-empty. Deleted both again.

    This may be a result of recently signing into Teams with my new employer's Work/School account...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-12-18T03:20:49+00:00

    Hi ArnieT,

    Unfortunately, these steps did not help me, either. After I restart windows, I still see the notification. The "Business1" folder gets re-created after restart, so I'm back to the same state where I started.

    For the time being, I will disable SharePoint on the Startup Apps settings. Still, a solution should be given to those who still need SharePoint running with a different business/work account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-15T09:25:19+00:00

    Nice find, @ArnieT! Have followed your instructions, indeed found a Business1 folder. Have deleted it without issues. Will report back in a week or so whether the notifications have disappeared.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments