A family of Microsoft products that enable users to capture, organize, and reuse notes electronically.
@Microsoft - thanks for pushing updates to these apps and getting the issue resolved
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
After updating to iPadOS15 today, neither Office nor OneNote will open on my iPad Pro (they had been working fine until today). The apps crash as soon as they open. I reset the apps, deleted and re-downloaded the apps. But they still do not work. But my Outlook and OneDrive apps still open and work fine.
Could I please ask for help with this - I use these apps extensively for work; so not having them open is frustrating.
My iPad Pro is 3rd gen running on OS15.
OneNote version is 16.53.
Office version is 2.53.
Thank you
A family of Microsoft products that enable users to capture, organize, and reuse notes electronically.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
@Microsoft - thanks for pushing updates to these apps and getting the issue resolved
Hi all,
Thanks for your feedback and we got few reports recently about this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience the problem caused for you.
To help you and the other members have a clear picture on this issue status, here is a summary on this issue.
Issue Symptom:
===================
Crash Office 365 apps(Word/Excel/ OneNote)etc. on iPad Pro (OS15) version.
Issue Environment:
===================
Office 365 apps version is 2.53.
iPad Pro (OS15) version.
Possible suggestion:
===================
Currently here is possible suggestion:
1.It might be also possible other third-party installed app will affect on Office 365 crash issue on your device. After my search I found some user mentioned when they remove LinkedIn App which was saving all the cached data or they reinstalled LinkedIn and then all the Apps of Office worked again.
2.Some users meet same issue (crashing Office 365 apps running the iPad 15) and after latest updated version of Microsoft EDGE has resolved the crash issue on iOS.
This post is continuously updated. We will post back and updates this post once we get new information and solution
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Best Regards
Waqas Muhammad
Hi all,
I understand you unable to open any office 365 app(Word/Excel PowerPoint/OneNote) on iPad OS 15 version.
Considering , since you tread all trouble steps(rest, uninstall/reinstall) but issue still persist and this issue occur when you update your iPad OS to 15 version.
Since issue related with all office app . The possible reason of this issue is related to the back-end, for Office 365 business subscription user we suggest your contact IT admin of your organization and raise a ticket in Office 365 admin center-> Support-> New Service Request.. Please don’t mind that we couldn’t provide further assistance because need to check from back-end side and we appreciate your efforts in this case. The support team will involve more resources to check from the back end and provide further help.
I appreciate your understanding and stay safe!!
Best Regards
Waqas Muhammad
Hi Jae-Hyun Kim,
Thanks for sharing updates with us and I really appreciate your effort and I apologize for it because it effect on your daily work.
As a temporary workaround you may use Office for web on your iPad browser to continuous your work.
I appreciate your understanding and stay safe!!
Best Regards
Waqas Muhammad
Thank you very much.
I would really really prefer not to have to factory reset my iPad as that would be a lot of time having to reset everything….not to mention having to install the apps all over again…
To answer your questions…
I did not get any error messages - they open very briefly with the app logo then it just crashes… So I see this very briefly before it just disappears, when I try to open OneNote.
[Screenshot 1]
I should also mention that, when I scroll up to see all the apps that are open, this is what I see >>
[Screenshot 2]
So these apps (OneNote and Office) are technically open in the background - but they just will not actually “open” - I hope this makes sense. I.e. I Can see these two apps open when I scroll up from the Home Screen to see all the apps that are open/running on the background. But if I try to open either OneNote or Office even from this, it will just appear briefly (i.e. screenshot 1) and then it just disappears. And you can see the other two apps - Outlet and OneDrive working and show the open pages even when I scroll up (I blacked out the contents of Outlook and OneDrive).
I am signed into my business/corporate account (university - I work/teach at a university).
Thank you