'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-15T07:49:32+00:00

    Through the website - microsoft support

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-12-14T20:11:53+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-09-28T11:49:13+00:00

    You should follow the instructions from the PC maker (HP in this case) to activate a preinstalled version of Office. Also, check with HP if the preinstalled version is actually a full version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T11:06:33+00:00

    There is Microsoft Video to activate pre-installed office

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zetZh7zGgOA

    I think, in HP offline store, it was activated the same way mentioned in the video.

    There is no product key, I called HP offline store, they informed the same, no product key is needed to activate pre-installed office, only outlook account details is enough

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-09-28T09:58:16+00:00

    Please elaborate on what you have tried so far. For example, have you tried repairing your installation?

    How did you purchase Office in the first place?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments