'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-10-18T06:10:15+00:00

    Hello Sakthi, Did your issue got fixed? If yes, could you please help me here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-10-06T16:46:21+00:00

    Hi Abisha,

    Tell them clearly its not issue with HP, or even share this thread in the chat. It's Microsoft issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-06T12:29:35+00:00

    Just fixed this problem TODAY by Microsoft Quick Assist via https://support.microsoft.com/contactus. 

    My issue is fixed around 15 minute by Ezinne. (increased overwrite from the backend and let me know that this problem might happen from either windows or office updates.)

    Thank you this community to direct the way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-10-05T13:20:29+00:00

    Hiya, yeah I went through the support option which diverts to https://widget.rave.office.net/

    Then Microsoft called me and whilst I was on the phone remotely connected and implemented a fix. It took two days to get it escalated, but only about 15mins to rectify!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-05T13:02:14+00:00

    That sounds madly frustrating. Mine was fixed by remote screen sharing. Through this: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus 

    Good luck!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments