'This product is already installed on another device' message issue

Anonymous
2021-09-06T08:34:44+00:00

I have just bought HP Pavillion 14-DV0055TU Laptop, it has microsoft office pre-installed in it. But when I try to use PPT, word, etc it says 'This product is already installed on another device', when I checked only my device is being shown in my account. Please help, I have tried contacting through telephone but not receiving any support.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-26T10:46:43+00:00

    Hi BansiPatel,

    I also had a similar issue, with the same laptop.

    After trying all the methods mentioned in online forums and support docs, nothing happened.

    Finally, I got my problem resolved by contacting the Microsoft support team via the "Get Help" app that comes with windows.

    This was the solution:

    1. The support team member asked me to log out from the office (by logging out from word).
    2. Then close the Word app.
    3. Again login into Word app with your Microsoft account, this will you give a prompt to activate the office.
    4. Click "Activate" and done!!!!.

    This was a quite simple solution, but I am not sure if that support team member team did something at her end. But Definitely, you can try logging out and then log in again to the office.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-11-28T17:17:46+00:00

    I finally got it sorted via Microsoft although had to go higher than the regular guy. I did it through the chat option and they took over my laptop to sort. I think they deleted the original account and created a new one 🤷‍♀️ I was getting desperate as I needed ppt for delivering trading. I found I just had to keep contacting them to get it sorted. Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-01T12:56:56+00:00

    Hi,

    In https://account.microsoft.com/ site in bottom "contact us" option is present, from there you contact support team.

    Image

    Support works in 2 level.

    1st level they would try to repair or uninstall/install or check the license validity period from your laptop by taking remote.

    1st level support is basic troubleshooting.

    2nd Level is the technical team, they have access to back end.

    When you are contacting support, in beginning itself inform the support team that all the basic troubleshooting has been done (like online repair/uninstall/install/license validity etc..), so they will transfer to technical support team.

    My issue was resolved by 2nd level support team.

    When we contact support always we will be forwarded to 1st level support team, only when we explain things clearly they will re-direct support to 2nd level.

    Make sure you have the following details with you when u approach support

    1. Invoice of u laptop.
    2. Image in u laptop stating "Office Home & student Don't forget to activate".
    3. Have good internet connection.
    4. Before starting the support, get URL from them to connect again, if there is network drop.
      (If we don't get the URL to re-connect, we have to start the process from beginning).
    5. Type your problem in notepad in detail, once you access to support, immediately copy & paste your problem in support.

    Note:

    1.You can allow them to connect your laptop remotely.
    2. When 1st level support, transfers support to 2nd level, it might take sometimes more then 10 minutes

    (It means 1st level support guy drops, we are put in query for second level support, till 2nd level technical guy picks up the support we have wait and there won't be anybody to answer during that waiting time )

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-09-30T16:42:59+00:00

    Hi Stefan,

    I have the same issue. I bought a HP Pavilion laptop, and then purchased Microsoft Office Home and Student separately.

    I installed the software, and everything was fine.

    Yesterday the laptop updated, and when I tried to log back into Word to continue my work, it says this product is installed on another device.

    I have tried the advice already given in this thread:

    Quick Repair
    Online Repair
    Uninstalled and installed again

    Uninstalled --> Restarted the system --> Installed again.

    Checked that I only had one version installed

    Changed Microsoft password

    Contacted help. but I was sent to this address widget.rave.office.net where the advisor wanted to remotely access my pc, so I left the chat as it felt unsafe.

    Cannot contact anyone to resolve this, and have a deadline of month end to produce my coursework. Can you please support with any suggestions with how to resolve this issue please?

    Many thanks.

    R

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-09-28T17:21:35+00:00

    I spoke with HP team, they said I should use the outlook account to activate Microsoft office Home & student.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments