Office 2007 Validation Error "0x80240023"

Anonymous
2020-06-10T16:05:52+00:00

Greetings,

I own Office 2007.  I realize that support is no longer provided for this version of office.  I am not interested in Office 365, and see no value in upgrading.  I paid for my license, and I would like to be able to continue working with it. 

I recently refreshed my Windows10 installation, and of course Office was one of the apps that did not persist.  When I try to do Windows Update, I receive error "0x80240023" because the download page is no longer valid.

How do I clear this error in Windows Update so that I can at least have the last patches available for my Office install?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-06-10T16:31:11+00:00

Review the win update settings to remove the Office update, though it should not have been present in the first place.

You wont have any Office 2007 updates as they were removed from MS Site in late 2014 when 2007 went out of support, so your Office install will be as per that installed version file/cd date

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-16T22:17:11+00:00

    Hello & Sorry, your suggestion didn't work for me. At least not after restoring Windows 10 and Office 2007 all over again. 

    :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-25T02:25:11+00:00

    If you just reinstalled office 2007 - you will get an error when your system does updates but after a couple of days it should continue.
    I just reloaded 3 times in the last few weeks and all the PC/Laptops had the same issue but all recovered.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-25T02:16:34+00:00

    I too have this problem.

    Seems like error related to KB2501584.

    Does anyone have a new solution other than listed here?

    wushowhide.diagcab find like that

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-16T21:06:35+00:00

    Hi all

    Thanks for everyone chiming in.

    I did wait as I know with new PC's it takes a few days for updates to update the updates.

    The Next day the updates tried again and more updates came in and one of them corrected the issue.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments