Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Huh. This fixed it for me as well. I guess the reboot remains the tried and true approach....
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
Users are getting the subject message when trying to use Dictate in Office 365 E3 subscription.
The internet is ‘working’, apps signed in with O365 accounts so there is seems to be either a security profile setting, proxy filter or firewall issue. A lot of searching and I found very little documentation on this message, and certainly cannot find a definitive answer as to what/if Dictation requires certain firewall ports open nor what security profile setting to check in GPO which may apply.
The following TechNet article suggested reviewing O365 Org Settings and Privacy but anything relating to Speech seems fine.
These options are managed by the organisation but where do I look in the Admin portal to enable Dictate?
Any pointers welcome.
Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Huh. This fixed it for me as well. I guess the reboot remains the tried and true approach....
ok, thank you
Thank you so much sir .
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
I also get the "internet connection required" message if I try to use dictate on my Windows 10 laptop. Internet is connected and working normally. Dictate works well, also in German, on my Samsung tablet with Android OS.
Annoying to upgrade to a paying subscription after Office 2010 expired only to have one of the new features not work. Tested Microphone and is working.