MS Access crashes when filtering a table or SELECT query

Anonymous
2020-01-21T18:57:16+00:00

Since about 1/20/2020, my MS Access software (from my Office 365 edition/Windows 10) will crash when I try to filter a database table or filter the results from a SELECT query.  This hasn't been a problem previously. 

Version 1912 (Build 12325.20298)

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-29T20:15:40+00:00

    I'm on Version 1912 Build 12324.20344 and access will just close several times a day regardless of the database I have open.  I get a message that Access has stopped working...  I can open a blank database on my computer, import a couple of tables and then create a query from the tables and all the sudden it will stop working and ask me if I'd like to reopen. 

    This just started happening a couple of weeks ago.  I'm in Access most of the day and just today it's happened at least 5-6 times.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-27T18:58:22+00:00

    I have been having the same issue for about the same time.

    Version 1912

    Build 12325.30344

    I have tried the usual stuff and my company's IT guy has done some stuff but it still keeps crashing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-26T15:53:39+00:00

    Considering Microsoft's recent track record it could easily be a new bug (especially now that there are multiple people reporting the same behavior).

    Simply revert your installation to a prior build number and see if the problem goes away.  If so, you know it is a bug caused by the original build number.  If not, we need to keep digging.

    Please report back your results.

    Don't forget to post on access.uservoive.com and using the feedback command from within Access itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T20:11:12+00:00

    At first check your Code...do a Compact & Repair...and then VBE and compile...if it compiles OK

    then Decompile your Access and again C&R and VBE compile...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T17:31:13+00:00

    Having same problem for about a week - even on different databases - same computer - Does Backup and working fine for a while -seems to happen during query filter.

    Did all the recommended steps except uninstall access and reinstall.

    Surprised it took so long for posting to begin.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments