Share How you Use Office PopUp - How can I turn this off?

Anonymous
2018-05-17T11:10:23+00:00

Office 365 for MAC - Version 16.13, 180513

Every time I open Excel or Word, a pop up appears asking me if I want to 

SHARE HOW YOU USE OFFICE

No I do not want to share.  I do not want to see this pop up every time I open Word and every time I open Excel.

How can I stop this pop up from appearing?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-19T20:57:25+00:00

    Screen Shot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
    2018-05-19T20:49:01+00:00

    Hi

    I don't see this message, and there haven't been other reports of it.

    There is a setting in Word Preferences for this option in the Privacy settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
    2018-05-19T20:47:25+00:00

    Duplicate questions were merged together. - Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-17T19:12:23+00:00

    Hi,

    unable to see the screenshot.

    Kind Regards:

    Yasir

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-17T16:33:49+00:00

    Office 365 for Mac - updated to version 16.13

    Every time I open Word or Excel, system asks me if I want to share data.  There is no option to say no.  (see below)

    Note that whenever I update my MacOS, if there is a question about whether I want to share data, I can say no.  When I say NO then I never see that message again.

    WIth Office 365, I now get a pop-up every time I open Word or Excel.  There is no option to say no I do not want to share data.

    I checked my privacy and security settings in preferences for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.  I was amazed and horrified to find that there are only two options - Full diagnostic data or basic diagnostic data.  There is no option to say no.  Full diagnostic was checked, I changed this to basic. The popups still appear every time I open Word or Excel.

    Here are my questions.

    1.  How can I stop the pop up from appearing?
    2.  How can I preserve my privacy and stop data from being sent at all - in other words, where is the NO option (Apple provides a NO option for my Mac and also for my iOS devices).

    Screenshot below.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments