Share How you Use Office PopUp - How can I turn this off?

Anonymous
2018-05-17T11:10:23+00:00

Office 365 for MAC - Version 16.13, 180513

Every time I open Excel or Word, a pop up appears asking me if I want to 

SHARE HOW YOU USE OFFICE

No I do not want to share.  I do not want to see this pop up every time I open Word and every time I open Excel.

How can I stop this pop up from appearing?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-17T16:22:26+00:00

    Hello, Optimist93

    We hope that you take into account your suggestion that they add an option to say NO (no, I do not want to share data)

    I hope you have a happy day

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-17T15:45:48+00:00

    I contacted technical support.  They gave the usual - Try it, you'll like it approach.  They wanted me to uninstall/reinstall Office on my MAC.

    Note that it is never necessary to do anything that drastic on a Mac.

    I asked them to add an option to say NO (no I do not want to share data) and they just said they will make a note of the problem.

    When I update my MacOS, sometimes there is a pop-up asking me if I want to share data.  There is always an option to say no.  I am asked the question once and then I never see that question again.

    So it looks like I either have to leave Word and Excel open all the time or just have to close that annoying pop up every time I open Word and Excel.

    Thanks for trying to find a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-17T14:48:14+00:00

    Hi, Optimist93

    Since your computer is a MAC, I recommend you contact Microsoft technical support, they will put you in touch with an agent specialized in office 365

      https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-17T14:06:40+00:00

    The link refers to pop ups about Office 13 to Office 16 upgrades.  It refers to changing the registry.  Registries are found on Windows computers.  If a Mac has an equivalent to a registry it calls it something else.

    The pop-up I see is new since I updated to the latest version of Office 365 on my Mac.  Screen shot below.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Vijay A. Verma 104.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-05-17T12:03:28+00:00

    OK..Let's wait for other experts to respond as I am unable to experiment without 16.13.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments