Error 1935 installing Office 2016 Standard on Windows 10 build 1803

Anonymous
2018-08-10T19:34:10+00:00

I keep getting error 1935 when trying to install Office Standard 2016 on a brand new PC running Windows 10 for workstations build 1803.  I have tried:

Here's the build process:

  1. remove bloatware.
  2. run updates. (installs 1803 update)
  3. install anti-virus
  4. install office.

Gotten this error on 4 consecutive machines.

  1. removeing all c++ resdistributalbes 
  2. netfx repair tool
  3. sfc /scannow

Tried items suggested here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_other-windows\_install/office-36520132016-code-1000-to-29999-part-2-of-3/baba7767-4822-4ea7-bf40-4fc99a327b50

but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-19T22:24:37+00:00

    There's preinstalled office apps on these computers, I figure they let you log on with office 365 and they install themselves. I reckon these apps have something to do with the error we're experiencing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-08-19T22:16:15+00:00

    Good one lol. I tried all kinds of things the last time I had the issue including a factory restore and none of the options worked except the registry change. This is on the similar new laptops I mentioned. I tried several installers for office 2016 but I probably never tried the full 365 download from office.com. I have my suspicion that it might still fail because it is a standalone version and not an APP.  If they have 365 as an APP from the online store that would have likely worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-08-19T21:39:55+00:00

    Thanks :)

    Yes I have scrolled down this thread a couple of times the last year :) Sometimes more desperate than others. And every time I mumble to myself "They're just doing this to make me switch to office 365"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-08-19T21:16:02+00:00

    I totally get it. I just wanted to make sure you had tried it. You probably had to scroll pretty far down to see that possible solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments