How to restore MS Office Outlook 2007 folders back in Outlook

Anonymous
2013-11-22T17:53:38+00:00

Sir or Madam,

I had a technical problem with my Lap Top computer and backed up all my MS Office Outlook 2007 files and folders. I resolved the problem.

I opened my Seagate Expansion drive, discovered the folders and right clicked each sending them to my documents folder.

I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.

I need your assistance in restoring those folders back in Outlook.

I am also using a desk top PC as well.

MS Office Outlook 2007 is working well.

I am using MS Vista.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

I am sorry if I contacted the wrong community. If so please send this to the correct one.

Regards,

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-28T21:08:41+00:00

    Earle,

    Repeat the search you did before [the one you posted a screenshot of].  I only thought that archive.pst would be in that folder because your screenshot showed it to be there.  If it is no longer there then complete the task without it and worry about it separately afterwards.

    Archive.pst is used by Outlook to archive certain items [for example, calendar entries] if your Outlook settings are used to tell it to.  It's a different subject and going any further into it now would just be a diversion.

    I am not getting online much this year, hence the delayed response.

    1.8 A Windows Box Appears.

    Windows can’t open this file:

    File:       Outlook.pst

    To open this file, windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.

    What do you want to do?

    A. Use the Web service to find the correct program?

    B. Select a program from a list of installed programs?

    OK or Cancel.

    Please advise earle

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-28T21:07:47+00:00

    Earle,

    Repeat the search you did before [the one you posted a screenshot of].  I only thought that archive.pst would be in that folder because your screenshot showed it to be there.  If it is no longer there then complete the task without it and worry about it separately afterwards.

    Archive.pst is used by Outlook to archive certain items [for example, calendar entries] if your Outlook settings are used to tell it to.  It's a different subject and going any further into it now would just be a diversion.

    I am not getting online much this year, hence the delayed response.

    1.8 A Windows Box Appears.

    Windows can’t open this file:

    File:       Outlook.pst

    To open this file, windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.

    What do you want to do?

    A. Use the Web service to find the correct program?

    B. Select a program from a list of installed programs?

    OK or Cancel.

    Please advise earle

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-26T19:31:13+00:00

    Earle,

    Repeat the search you did before [the one you posted a screenshot of].  I only thought that archive.pst would be in that folder because your screenshot showed it to be there.  If it is no longer there then complete the task without it and worry about it separately afterwards.

    Archive.pst is used by Outlook to archive certain items [for example, calendar entries] if your Outlook settings are used to tell it to.  It's a different subject and going any further into it now would just be a diversion.

    I am not getting online much this year, hence the delayed response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-26T18:38:16+00:00

     Attention Try*3

    It sounds like you do not have file extensions showing.  In Windows explorer, go to Organise, Folder & search options, View tab - clear the checkbox next to Hide extensions for know file types.  This is a safe way of operating normally [i.e. not just for this task].

    Did this.

     

    1.5  You should now be able to see the outlook.pst & archive.pst files [and remember that I'm only referring to them because the screenshot of your search results showed that they were there].

    I see the outlook.pst but not not thrarchive.pst files. Help!

     

    1.7  The folder is empty because you were unable to complete para 1.5

     

    Please advise.

     

    Earle

    Hi Try*3

    Help!!!

    Earleb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-01-21T21:08:48+00:00

    Attention Try*3

    It sounds like you do not have file extensions showing.  In Windows explorer, go to Organise, Folder & search options, View tab - clear the checkbox next to Hide extensions for know file types.  This is a safe way of operating normally [i.e. not just for this task].

    Did this.

    1.5  You should now be able to see the outlook.pst & archive.pst files [and remember that I'm only referring to them because the screenshot of your search results showed that they were there].

    I see the outlook.pst but not not thrarchive.pst files. Help!

    1.7  The folder is empty because you were unable to complete para 1.5

    Please advise.

    Earle

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments