Why cant I download Office 365 to my Samsung Tablet

Anonymous
2013-10-28T12:44:37+00:00

I have been unable to download 0ffice 365 to my Samsung is there a reason it will not download?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-14T02:14:50+00:00

    The Office website states clearly, now that I look for it, that an Android Tablet must have either an Intel or an ARM-based processor, and Android OS KitKat 4.4 or later.  Unfortunately, my ARM-based Tab 2 10.1 only has Android 4.1.2.  Check with Samsung to see if your Tab is eligible for an update to the newer OS.  As I have two of these Tablets, I do wish Microsoft would port the software to the earlier OS.  Unfortunately, what I want is not terribly important to the folks at Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-13T10:40:55+00:00

    This is what I have learned about the Office 365 v. Samsung Tablet installation issue.

    On 03/21/2016 I spoke with Jasmin B., a Microsoft Answer Tech, by online chat asking why I couldn't get Office 365 to install on my Samsung Tab 3 (SM-T201R).  Our exchange lasted for a little over an hour, during which Jasmin B. had me on hold much of the time so she could "...review this further."  

    Her first response was a rather vague, "Office 365 is not compatible with Samsung Tablets" [which I took to imply ALL Samsung tablets].  I asked several times "Can you be more specific?" to which she repeatedly answered with, "Office 365 is not compatible with Samsung Tablets.  Is there anything else I can help you with for today?"  

    After asking for the 5th or 6th time "Can you be more specific? Is it an issue the device's memory, processor, display, etc.???"  She begrudgingly shared, "Yes it is within your processor.  Is there anything else I can assist you with for today?"  Her response was fairly generic but at least it provided a little bit more information.

    At this point I was going to go to Samsung support for answers but I wanted to have a technical, specific 'description' of WHY the Samsung Tablet was 'incompatible with Office 365'.  I asked Jasmin B., "Okay.  So do I just tell Samsung 'I cant use MS office because your Tablet's processor sucks', or is there a more technical way of explaining the deficiency?"  Jasmin B. replied, "The hardware or processor of your Samsung tablet is not compatible to install office 365.  Kindly contact Samsung for further assistance."   

    At this point I became frustrated and tired of her deliberately vague responses to my specific questions so I closed the chat window.

    So, as far as I have been able to determine from various forums, chat rooms, discussion groups and finally from Microsoft's Jasmin B., the Samsung Tablets, or at least my Tab 3 (Model #SM-T210R), were made with processors that are not compatible with Office 365 and Microsoft has no patch or fix for this issue and no immediate plans to correct the problem.   If anyone comes up with anything on this problem I'd love to hear about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-26T00:06:55+00:00

    The 365 box clearly says "Plus: Use on mobile devices". I regard the tablet as a mobile device, as I suspect everyone does, so it's a con when you find out that it's not compatible with a single tablet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2014-03-25T22:10:28+00:00

    Me too on the utility question.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-03-25T17:33:47+00:00

    In fact, Microsoft does specify Anroid phone on the 365 site and as I have a Galaxy Note 3G I suppose that qualifies as a phone. I am constantly redirected to mobile sites when using it. Yet the Android app provided only works for Lync and One Note, not Office,

    Of course I have a subscription. But am currently doubting its utility.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments