A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Ok, I just sent you an email!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a dual-boot laptop and desktop, each w/Office 2010 on Windows 7 and Office 2013 in Windows 8.1 .
On both computers, in Excel 2013 [win 8.1], when I make any changes to a file dialog box with "Calculation ..." as outlined in the title of this msg appears.
If I click Yes, the box just reappears with every click.
If I click No, nothing happens and the file is not saved.
Nothing else can be done, and I need to exit the file without saving.
This occurs *after* making numerous changes to sophisticated files, so has become a major problem.
The workaround on both computers -- use the same files in Office 2010 in Windows 7, and the issue does not occur. Ever.
Currently Office 2013 is not usable due to this issue.
Please advise as to the problem, and especially the solution.
Thank you,
- Mik
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Ok, I just sent you an email!
Hi Rod,
Apologies for not spotting your message. Please visit my website, my email address is at the bottom of each page.
Hi, what about this:
I have the same file, in 2 versions containing slightly different data and heavy conditional formatting. Both versions were created in Excel 2010, but the data in the second (most recent) was edited in Excel 2013.
Today, I tried to copy in Excel 2013 some bits of information (in only a single row, but in 2 different column ranges) from the old file to the new one (pasted as values). And now, the absolutly puzzling thing:
To add to the crazyness, the destination file saves ok even when the sourec file is open, if no changes are made to the destination file since the last save. It *also* saves of when editing is done in the first cell range (see above) but fails to save if editing in the second range, even though both editing modify values in linked cells (i.e., trigger calculations).
This absolutely sucks, I would never expect such a mess - even from Microsoft...
Hi Rod,
I am certainly interested in this demo file.
Ok, can you email me at rod.savard at tetratech.com?
Thanks
Hi Rod,
I am certainly interested in this demo file.