office 365 Word won't let me type into a new document

Anonymous
2013-08-10T09:07:03+00:00

I've had Office 365 for a while now and all was good.

However for the last four weeks, or so, I have not been able to type into a new Word document. If I try to the pc just pings at me and refuses to type. No other office programme is doing this. If I open an old document, or save a new document before typing, close it then open it I can type into it.

I have Win 8 and have only installed updates from windows and new video drivers since the problem began.

I have deleted the normal template and let it recreate one on opening, but the problem still exists.

Any suggestions?

Stephen.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-10-02T15:46:27+00:00

I have solved the problem, but forgot to come on here and say how!

After playing about with the various options in Word I finally tried turning off the start screen that popped up when I started Word.

Not sure why, but now that it's turned off and a blank document opens straight away I can now type into a blank document again.

Stephen.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

54 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2017-10-12T21:56:07+00:00

    You should start a new thread in which you advise the version of Office that you are using and all other details that are pertinent to the issue that you have.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-12T21:23:51+00:00

    Having problems with word and excel, unable to update files will not allow to reactivate forms.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.4K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2017-10-10T20:15:49+00:00

    You have replied in a thread that is more than four years old. Please start a new thread specifying your version of Windows and Office and describing the exact issue you are having.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-10T16:46:48+00:00

    I have the same problem.  However I have a new printer the other one crased.  New One is"EPSON "WorkForce WF2750

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments