Office 365 Activation Problem (0x80070005)

Anonymous
2013-05-03T13:11:47+00:00

I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".

I still have about 25 days' subscription left.

Please tell how I can activate this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-12T23:39:57+00:00

right click> run as admin and activate

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-11T05:56:54+00:00

    I have repeatedly tried all of these steps to complete this activation wizard and still have the exact same issues, running as administrator, tried fixing compatibility. and continue to get the were sorry we cant do this for you right now try again later

    First I want to state that I have worked with Microsoft on this issue Multiple times and have narrowed it down to a Problem in the Machine itself. After spending a lot of time sometimes it is easier to wipe out the machine and start over.

       with that said here is what I have down to correct the issue on my one machine, that has repeatedly had a unlicensed software message.  Possibly off topic but Thought I would try as it has helped me in the past.

    To recap, you called to our Office 365 tech support this morning, that one of your clients Office Pro Plus 2013 applications are UNlicensed. Here is what we did to resolve this:

                     1. CMD run as administrator:  Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15  OR  Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15

                     2. cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus

                     3. last 5 of Product Key: FF99C                

                     4. cscript ospp.vbs /unpkey:FF99C < Last five characters of product key >

                     5. IE:    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501  = run fixit to UNinstall Office 2013

                     6. execute OPP 2013 file already in download folder 559kb (32 bit) OR re-download again

                     7. will get:  Office Streaming Office - You can use Office Now.  Wait till complete, then open apps they will be licensed. If they are not then try steps below.

    If you receive error about Sorry we can’t continue.  Office 365 Activation Problem (0x80070005)

    I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".

    To correct this error right click on an Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook ) and click on Run as Admin. Then the program will activate. Then close any open Office Applications and reopen them and they will be Licensed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-04T14:31:02+00:00

    IT guy here, I service hundreds of users and many companies around town, all on various platforms.  I never get on these sites and complain, and have solved lots of problems here. 

    But I have to say, the whole implementation of this online Office activation is just awful.  Awful.  I wasted an entire afternoon yesterday trying to install a 5 user license on 3 computers.  Various problems on all 3.  I don’t believe I have ever installed MS’s online Office package without drama.  Do I install all under one user?  Do I just make separate users under one account and install that way?  I dunno.

    I’ve never had problems installing Open Office and it’s free.  They want me to pay for this and its just one big headache.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-02T04:16:28+00:00

    Hi... This solution doesn't work for me. I'm frustrated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments