Office 365 Activation Problem (0x80070005)

Anonymous
2013-05-03T13:11:47+00:00

I just purchased a one month subscription for Office 365 Home Premium for 5 PCs and installed on my PC (Alienware M17XR4 Windows 7). Now whenever I try to activate my Office it fails and the error shown is - "We're sorry, something went wrong and we can't do this for you right now. Please try again later. ( 0x80070005 )".

I still have about 25 days' subscription left.

Please tell how I can activate this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-12T23:39:57+00:00

right click> run as admin and activate

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-01T12:56:55+00:00

    Do you have any ideas on what I could do to make this work? I have tried everything!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-01T12:55:39+00:00

    I have repeatedly tried all of these steps to complete this activation wizard and still have the exact same issues, running as administrator, tried fixing compatibility. and continue to get the were sorry we cant do this for you right now try again later

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-31T10:32:18+00:00

    If you right-click on each of the Office program shortcuts, select 'Compatibility' and select check box next to 'Run this program as an administrator', you shouldn't get the problem again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments