What you have still failed to understand is that no one who has posted in this thread (with the exception of an Indian contractor) works for Microsoft.
My customers are those who patronize the business described at http://home.earthlink.net/~wordsintotype. We are all volunteers here, just other users like yourself, some with a little more knowledge about some aspects of Word, but many of us quite ignorant about large areas of it. It seems that this particular thread
has not attracted the interest of anyone more knowledgeable than those who have responded, not surprising since the proofing tools seem to be one of the less well documented areas of Office (and they are Office Tools, shared among apps, which means that Word
users are even less likely to be experts on them).
Oh, my misunderstanding. I thought this was an official Mircosoft site and you were a Microsoft MVP, hence a Microsoft employee.
Anyway, thanks for the advise and I did ask our internal people and they seem to have solved it - how I don't know, they just sat at my desk and boom, boom, it was done and off he went.