A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
\h = heading?
Why should that switch work differently in an index than in the TOC? (I can see it not working in the index if the index can't hyperlink, but why differently in each place?)
{ TOC \o "3-3" \u \t "Heading 1,1,Heading 2,2" }
creates a TOC with page numbers hyperlinked but not the words
{ TOC \o "3-3" \u \t "Heading 1,1,Heading 2,2" \h }
creates a TOC with both words and page numbers hyperlinked. Because some of the headings in the main body of the document were bookmarks to other sections, I experimented and removed or changed some of the bookmark designations with no effect on the hyperlinks in the TOC.
So.....?
By the way, may I join the others in this forum in expressing the sentiment that the fact that Word can't provide an automatically hyperlinked index is unprofessional, shortsighted, lame, and retarded. It's also making me look bad because I (naturally) assumed it worked that way and assure my boss that it could be done.
Ann Coleman