Need hyperlinks index entries in word 2007

Anonymous
2010-01-30T14:25:46+00:00

Hi All,


I am trying to find a way to get the page numbers in a Word 2007 generated index to contain hyperlinks to the corresponding content in the document. So far I haven't been able to find a way to do this. 

Web searches seem to suggest this could be done with a macro, but that is beyond my skill level. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions, or knows of a pre-existing macro I could use to achieve this.


Thanks


Neil


Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-30T13:02:01+00:00

    I think I have got it to work.

    Create a book mark of the text you wish to link to.

    Within the index page number, create a Cross-reference to the bookmarked text, with Insert Reference to "Page Number".

    I hope this helps

    Simon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-21T23:19:33+00:00

    Any word on the index hyperlinker for Word?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-10T20:49:11+00:00

    Shot him an email, and just got this back.

    Hi, Andy.

    Thanks for your message. I'm actually working on an index hyperlinker. It should be finished in a couple of months. Please send me a message then, and I'll give you an update. Stay tuned. :)

    Best wishes,

    Jack Lyon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-09-10T19:51:54+00:00

    Yes, we need this.

    Generate index (just like it does), provide page numbers (...), and make the page numbers hyperlink to the location - just like the TOC does.

    I would add... if you Save As a webpage, then in the HTML, it doesn't show the numbers, but does hyperlink the words - just like the TOC does.

    This appears to not be a solution, but I wonder if these guys could add this feature.

    Mentioned in technet, "check the Dexter tool offered at Editorium.com by Jack Lyon"

    This page has no "link" or "hyperlink" on it. Sigh.

    http://www.editorium.com/dexter.htm

    Someone should talk to them and post the outcome here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2012-05-15T19:32:52+00:00

    No one here can change the behavior in Word. You should post a suggestion here: https://feedback.office.microsoft.com/default.aspx.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments