Need hyperlinks index entries in word 2007

Anonymous
2010-01-30T14:25:46+00:00

Hi All,


I am trying to find a way to get the page numbers in a Word 2007 generated index to contain hyperlinks to the corresponding content in the document. So far I haven't been able to find a way to do this. 

Web searches seem to suggest this could be done with a macro, but that is beyond my skill level. I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions, or knows of a pre-existing macro I could use to achieve this.


Thanks


Neil


Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2011-09-15T14:10:00+00:00

    I'm afraid the best I can do is direct you to a developer forum at MSDN: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/worddev/threads.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-15T13:58:18+00:00

    Could you please post a link to the hyperlinked index macro?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2011-09-06T18:43:53+00:00

    It's a possible explanation (remember that Word has been around for quite some time, from before online documents became common). And just to be clear, I have no influence over the Office development team.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2011-07-15T12:11:53+00:00

    Note that Word is primarily intended for printed documents.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-07-14T12:33:24+00:00

    I don't know how to hyperlink form a page number within a word index. However, you can hyperlink to a topic from the index to the corresponding topic within the word document. Simply create a "bookmark" linked to the topic/word within the document; then from the index, create a hyperlink to that bookmark. Depending on the size of your index, this can be very time consuming but it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments