How can I copy a page from one Publisher file into another Publisher file?

Anonymous
2010-06-14T23:24:07+00:00

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to copy a page from one 2007 publisher document (with all the txt boxes, pictures and formatting) and add that page into another 2007 publisher document?

Thanks to all who reply,

Ismael

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-06-14T23:39:45+00:00

Sure is.

Edit - Select All

Copy

In new publication, Paste.


-- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Using Microsoft Publisher 2010"

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-18T14:50:48+00:00

    I think the purpose and expectations of this Microsoft Answers website, and your role, DavidF2, are somewhat unclear.

    It's difficult to tell whether you're a designated moderator, a Microsoft employee, or just an active member. At times I got the impression that you're an apologist for Microsoft but then other times, it seems like you're really annoyed with Microsoft and encouraging others to make sure they officially submit their annoyances as well.

    The reason I get the impression that you have some kind of formal role is that you seem to respond to each new person's posting, and feel some degree of ownership about the site: "Well, don't waste your time telling me and posting here." So, on the one hand, you feel ownership for this forum, and on the other hand, you refer to MS as though you're not part of it. (I'm not saying you are; I am saying I can't tell.)

    I think it's perfectly reasonable for someone like BenMillett and others to assume that Microsoft would be paying attention to this forum (afterall, it is on their website) to get customer feedback and monitor the chatter about their products and various bugs.

    I also get the impression that you're kinda annoyed with some of the people posting here looking for answers. Reminds me of people who work on IT Help Desks who act like incoming Help requests are annoying distractions to what they'd rather be doing. So that further confuses me about your role. If you're, so easily annoyed by and impatient with folks posting here, then why be involved?

     

     

    I am not a moderator or a MS employee. I am a volunteer who tries to help people with questions about how to use Publisher. I have been doing this for 6 or 7 years now, previously in the Publisher newsgroups. I don't see myself as easily annoyed, but yes sometimes I get impatient with posters who don't provide the details needed to answer a question, ask passive agressive rhetorical questions like why MS does not provde a version of Publisher for Apple (like you don't know the answer to that), expect us to answer questions about why MS makes the design decisions they do and those who post incorrect information.

    I only jumped into this thread when you posted: "...Why doesn't publisher 2010 allow you to just copy an entire page..." and two people had already described exactly how to copy and paste entire pages earlier in the thread. Yes, I found that both annoying and irritating...

    As a user I also get irritated with MS and will share those feelings on occasion, but I am not in a position to apologize for MS. I have no control over what they decide to do with Publisher. If I did Publisher 2010 would certainly look and work a lot different than it does.

    The purpose of the Answers forums are to provide a venue where Office users can ask questions about how to use Office programs and get answers from other users. Most of us are volunteers except for the 'support engineers' which are paid by MS as I understand it. Unfortunately these forums are NOT purposed to provide feedback, suggestions or bug reports. I provided links to the forums where you can do that.

    My most recent post was in response to Ben Millett who was responding to MY post where I suggested that if people didn't like the way Publisher worked that they should post the suggestion or the bug in the proper place. Posting complaints to me or in this forum is a waste of time as I cannot do anything about it, and MS will not see it. As such I believe my response was spot on. If you believe otherwise you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

    I hope this clarifies things. You have a good day...

    DavidF

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-10-17T22:57:08+00:00

    This sucks.  I'm having the same problem with formatting, and it's taking a huge amount of time to go back an re-format paragraphs that have already been formatted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-09-14T22:57:19+00:00

    Ok. I was reacting to your comment "Why doesn't publisher 2010 allow you to just copy an entire page..." and of course it does and how to do that was explained earlier...that is why I suggested you weren't reading very carefully.

    Your issue is different. You are having problems with the formatting changing when you do copy and paste a whole page or even single text boxes onto a blank page in another publication. That is an issue others are having and I don't have a good solution. I personally can't replicate it.

    In the recent thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-office_other/when-i-try-to-copy-paste-a-page-from-one-publisher/b7ed907f-bac9-43f1-a526-bccc45378cd1 Mary Sauer suggested:

    A workaround:

    Change your printer settings to Publisher Imagewriter on both publications before you copy/paste. For some reason, I have yet to figure out, it seems doing this the formatting doesn't change. At least it didn't for me. "


    Otherwise you might try the 'format painter' which at least could potentially save you time reformating the text boxes.

    Publisher has been the poor neglected step child ever since it was adopted into the Office family in Office 2002. It has never been given the same amount of resources or attention and really lost out in Pub 2010 in my opinion. Even the ribbon they finally forced upon us is not the same as in the main Office programs including PowerPoint. The word art is not the same, the pdf tool is not the same, they are deprecating the web building functionality and more...but that is the way it is. Personally I don't see Pub 2010 as much of an upgrade, but then I hate the ribbon and resent that it has been forced upon us....done with that rant.

    As I suggested above please make your suggestions to MS and perhaps if enough people do then you will see some of these improvements in the future:

    Give Us Feedback for Microsoft Office 2010

    http://mymfe.microsoft.com/Office/Feedback.aspx?formID=375

    IF you think you would consider the formatting issues a "bug" then you can try:

    Report a Microsoft Product Bug

    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/contactbug/en-us 

    DavidF

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-09-09T15:16:15+00:00

    Furthermore, when using the method of copying and pasting -- for some reason, Publisher 2010 changes a lot of my font sizes and linespacing -- forcing me to reformat everything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments