Errors were detected while saving file in Excel 2010

Anonymous
2010-09-01T16:04:55+00:00

I get the error "Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Users\Filename.xlsx. To make repairs in a new file, click continue. To cancel saving the file, click cancel" The appears to be no pattern to this. Does any have a solution. All similar questions in the forum don't offer a solution to this error message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-11T09:58:36+00:00

I have had this issue recently and it turned out to be a company logo which was in the top right of each worksheet.I removed this (.png) image from each sheet, the workbook did not then give an error saving. I then opened the logo and re-saved it as a .jpg and then re-added it to each sheet. The workbook continued to save quite happily.

Hope this helps

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-12-18T11:43:44+00:00

    I had a similar issue just now..reading about the company logo I wondered if I had entered anything unusual in my spread sheet and realised I had - it was an  entry in an address field which Excel interpreted as an internet address and tried to connect me. Problem solved by removing the entry and then cutting and pasting it from word so it took on a different format. Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-05T01:29:03+00:00

    Thank you, this worked for me. A user was copying and pasting from an old excel sheet that had an old logo. I removed the logo and was able to save. I then inserted the updated logo and it worked fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-03T10:54:22+00:00

    Hi Everyone,

    I had the same issue. I had a big file which had saved fine previously, but when I imported a sheet from another file I got the error msg above.

    When I deleted this worksheet, it saved again fine. The imported worksheet had a few screenshots in it too, which may or may not have been the problem.

    Hope this helps

    Ben

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T12:45:58+00:00

    I have had this issue recently and it turned out to be a company logo which was in the top right of each worksheet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments