Errors were detected while saving file in Excel 2010

Anonymous
2010-09-01T16:04:55+00:00

I get the error "Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Users\Filename.xlsx. To make repairs in a new file, click continue. To cancel saving the file, click cancel" The appears to be no pattern to this. Does any have a solution. All similar questions in the forum don't offer a solution to this error message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-11-11T09:58:36+00:00

I have had this issue recently and it turned out to be a company logo which was in the top right of each worksheet.I removed this (.png) image from each sheet, the workbook did not then give an error saving. I then opened the logo and re-saved it as a .jpg and then re-added it to each sheet. The workbook continued to save quite happily.

Hope this helps

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-03T11:46:08+00:00

    This solution works for me! Thanks....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-01T08:33:28+00:00

    I think the easiest way is to downgrade to Excel 2007, it's more stable.

    In Excel 2010 sometimes, when there are no logo/pics, I have to move sheet by sheet to another workbook to try to find out each sheet got problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-27T20:50:54+00:00

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-27T16:28:31+00:00

    So I found out the spreadsheet the user was having this issue with was actually an export from a website. Said website exported it with a couple web graphics embedded (but hidden) and deleting the objects fixed the issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments