How to Remove Copilot dropdown on Outlook Classic 2019

Anonymous
2025-06-18T13:13:48+00:00

I have just noticed that I now have a Copilot dropdown above the Ribbon on the right hand side in my Outlook Classic 2019 - I DO NOT WANT THIS RUBBISH IN MY OFFICE APPLICATIONS!!!!

How many more times are Microsoft going to thrust these stupid ideas down our throats 🤬

What I need to know is how to remove it.....Please someone help as there are no details on the internet, unless you are a 365 user, which I'm not

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Paul

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-18T20:12:06+00:00

    Hi JK,

    Thanks for getting back to me but none of your suggestions have helped.

    There is no copilot section in Options and there are no add-ins for Copilot 😒

    If there is a RegEdit hack I can use I'm more than happy to use it, although I have already done a search of ther registry for Copilot and removed the single items I found 😉

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T22:13:51+00:00

    Neither of these options is relevant to my Windows 11 Outlook. I have no add-ins. And there is no Copilot tab. I've adjusted the settings in Microsoft 365 Admin Center. Nothing gets rid of this pernicious intrusion. Honestly, I'm going to have to go to Linux if Microsoft doesn't stop telling me what I WILL use whether I want to or not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-06T12:07:38+00:00

    I'm moving over to Linux and will use Thunderbird for email. I'll convert all of my documents over to Libreoffice. Once converted I'll subscribe to a good cloud storage provider and kill my Microsoft account. When I first saw CoPilot, it's behavior was more like a virus than an application.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T21:16:43+00:00

    Thank you, Paul. I was able to repro, and I filed a bug with the Outlook Team to get this addressed. I'll post back when I know it will be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-25T14:24:35+00:00

    I personally like Copilot, however, I strongly dislike how Microsoft is literally forcing it onto me and other users. Make it available, sure. But don't replace or obfuscate other items just to show Copilot instead. And, don't assume it's wanted, ask first before. Microsoft's actions will be the ultimate failure of Copilot and Windows if this continues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments