Outlook Storage Saying it's Full Even Though it's Not.

Anonymous
2025-03-05T15:09:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this issue since Monday, my email is saying that my storage is full. When I click 'Manage Storage' it shows that my email storage is 0.8 GB of used storage and 100 GB available. My OneDrive storage is 5.5 GB of used storage out of 100 GB. I'm only getting this storage full warning on the Outlook web browser and the Outlook app. I'm not getting any storage full warnings from OneDrive on my computer.

I've tried to reset my account on the Outlook App on Android, I've tried deleting the cache, deleting the data, I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, I've tried logging off and logging back in. NOTHING is working. I've tried resyncing on my computer and looking for sync issues. Because OneDrive isn't getting the warning, there are no issues found.

I've already spoken to multiple people on the Live Chat option with Microsoft; all they tell me is that they can do nothing. I can't delete any emails, if I try to delete emails, it'll just refresh and show the emails still there. I can't send any emails because of the storage full warning. I can receive emails, however, I just cannot respond to them whatsoever.

Storage Warning

Used Storage and Available Storage

OneDrive Storage on PC

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-15T04:31:51+00:00

    Okay I got in touch with support today about this and did a screenshare. My error message was saying I was using 5.1GB of only 5GB available storage, which was strange because I should have 100GB email storage with my microsoft 365 subscription.

    To resolve the issue i had to delete enough email attachments to go slightly below the 5GB allowance, this then allowed the new quota to take effect and my error message dissapeared on my desktop app and iphone app. very strange issue and lucky i had to delete very few attachments, I don't evny anyone who is using far more email storage than me.

    This worked for me, thank you so much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-22T17:01:29+00:00

    I have the same issue. Are there any examples of successful solutions? The situation is complicated by the fact that I can’t log into my cloud account on the desktop because it asks for a verification code. But the code can’t be delivered to my supposedly full mailbox, even though I’m only using about 40% of the storage included in my paid subscription.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-18T04:58:40+00:00

    When will this issue be fixed? It’s extremely frustrating as I have many important emails I need to respond to and receive for my work. It’s been going on since march and it is still not fixed.

    Please fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments