Outlook Storage Saying it's Full Even Though it's Not.

Anonymous
2025-03-05T15:09:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this issue since Monday, my email is saying that my storage is full. When I click 'Manage Storage' it shows that my email storage is 0.8 GB of used storage and 100 GB available. My OneDrive storage is 5.5 GB of used storage out of 100 GB. I'm only getting this storage full warning on the Outlook web browser and the Outlook app. I'm not getting any storage full warnings from OneDrive on my computer.

I've tried to reset my account on the Outlook App on Android, I've tried deleting the cache, deleting the data, I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, I've tried logging off and logging back in. NOTHING is working. I've tried resyncing on my computer and looking for sync issues. Because OneDrive isn't getting the warning, there are no issues found.

I've already spoken to multiple people on the Live Chat option with Microsoft; all they tell me is that they can do nothing. I can't delete any emails, if I try to delete emails, it'll just refresh and show the emails still there. I can't send any emails because of the storage full warning. I can receive emails, however, I just cannot respond to them whatsoever.

Storage Warning

Used Storage and Available Storage

OneDrive Storage on PC

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T10:14:12+00:00

    Hey

    Did you manage to find a solution for this? Im in desperate need to access my mail, Ive tried everything around in this forum but I cant seem to get it fixed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T10:09:54+00:00

    You have to delete enough email attachments to bring your used storage under the 5GB free allowance, the new quota will then kick in. It's a terrible bug.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T10:01:56+00:00

    Did you find a solution for this yet??? Its 28th and Im now having these issues, it drives me crazy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-02T13:53:21+00:00

    I also meet the same problem, i can't receive mail, are microsoft teams really look into this issue? because you didn't reply anyone at all while it's already happen for a month. Thank you.

    Cio

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-25T21:04:25+00:00

    I have the same problem. I just renewed my 365 subscription and Outlook is saying I need to upgrade my Storage. I received 1TB of storage with the new subscription. Outlook is stating there is 14.7gb of storage used out of 5gb (294%). When I click the associated link it shows 14.8gb / 1TB. It seems the new subscription is not recognizing the upgrade storage space. Can someone please help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments