Outlook Storage Saying it's Full Even Though it's Not.

Anonymous
2025-03-05T15:09:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this issue since Monday, my email is saying that my storage is full. When I click 'Manage Storage' it shows that my email storage is 0.8 GB of used storage and 100 GB available. My OneDrive storage is 5.5 GB of used storage out of 100 GB. I'm only getting this storage full warning on the Outlook web browser and the Outlook app. I'm not getting any storage full warnings from OneDrive on my computer.

I've tried to reset my account on the Outlook App on Android, I've tried deleting the cache, deleting the data, I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, I've tried logging off and logging back in. NOTHING is working. I've tried resyncing on my computer and looking for sync issues. Because OneDrive isn't getting the warning, there are no issues found.

I've already spoken to multiple people on the Live Chat option with Microsoft; all they tell me is that they can do nothing. I can't delete any emails, if I try to delete emails, it'll just refresh and show the emails still there. I can't send any emails because of the storage full warning. I can receive emails, however, I just cannot respond to them whatsoever.

Storage Warning

Used Storage and Available Storage

OneDrive Storage on PC

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-12T17:25:38+00:00

    When can we expect this to be resolved? This is causing a lot of issues as we are expecting very important emails that will now be undeliverable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-11T19:41:41+00:00

    I'm having the same issue, not exceeding the data quota but Outlook says I am so I can't receive emails. Help please!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-10T21:26:12+00:00

    I am experiencing the same issue, this seems like a hack has occurred, spyware or malware??

    I delete files in OneDrive to manage space and they just return. I can’t send emails now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-16T21:33:38+00:00

    my hotmail storage is nearly full.

    i have already removed most of the large size emails, but the problem is not fixed.

    the item called "Others" used most of my mailbox storage.

    I have reported in the community, but no one help me to solve this problem.

    it is so ridiculous. i can be sure that it is due to old files / data crashed in the system.

    please help me to solve it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-10T12:26:51+00:00

    Having the same problem too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments