Vertical scroll bar keeps jumping to the bottom of the screen

Anonymous
2025-05-24T23:57:43+00:00

The vertical scroll bar on the far right of my Outlook.com window keeps jumping to the bottom of the screen whenever I click on one of my folders or an email. Then I can't see the ribbon above my emails. I push the scroll bar back to the top, but as soon as I click on a folder again, it jumps back to the bottom of the screen. It happens whether my zoom is at 100% or higher. I tried the repair option and restarting. I contacted Outlook Support and after 40 minutes, they said it's how Outlook is designed and can't be fixed. But it wasn't always this way and just started jumping. I see there was a related issue that was fixed in Feb 2025: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/issue-with-the-inbox-scrolling-bar/ce34dda6-7f02-4222-8c44-62b2d2ea485d

I am using a laptop. The issue is present in Chrome and Edge.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-27T05:00:50+00:00

    Hello I am having a similar problem as the other 2 people and it only started happening a few days ago. The far right scroll bar automatically scrolls to the bottom of the page whenever I open up a folder. It even happens when I open up the Junk folder and the Drafts folder with absolutely no e-mails in those folders. As you can appreciate it is very annoying not seeing the ribbon and having to scroll back up each time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-29T17:55:03+00:00

    Glad to know it isn't just me. My scroll bar drops in outlook when I make any pick of inbox, junk, etc. Annoying, but am dealing with it. Please somebody out there"FIX THIS"!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-30T03:45:04+00:00

    Glad to know it isn't just me. My scroll bar drops in outlook when I make any pick of inbox, junk, etc. Annoying, but am dealing with it. Please somebody out there"FIX THIS"!!!!

    I also have this problem. I will scroll down and once I click on the email, the ribbon disappears and the right scroll panel drops down to bottom of page. So, the ribbon disappears when you click on an email. And you have to go and bring it back the right panel scroll to get the ribbon back in order to manage the email from the ribbon. This just started a few days ago also for me. When will they have a fix for this, it becomes a chore cleaning your inbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-27T16:51:44+00:00

    I'm having the same issue and it only started today. Yesterday it was working fine. I did all the suggestions (clearing cache, etc.) and have been through every setting to see if I could find something that would fix it. Nothing does. It's really annoying and it's definitely not the way Outlook online has always worked. This is the first time I've had this issue and I've always used Outline online since its creation.

    This is most definitely a BUG that needs to be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-26T18:00:33+00:00

    Please add me to the list as I use https://outlook.office.com/mail/ for now 3 or 4 business emails and each account on several different laptops are doing the same thing on either Edge or Chrome.

    It was fine a week ago but now I cant ever see the ribbon above when I log in or visit various emails unless I scroll back up with my mouse. I have no issues with any other site and as Stephen did above, cleared out my cache, browser history, cookies, etc as well as ran my McAfee scan to make sure there wasnt a virus and was all clear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments