Vertical scroll bar keeps jumping to the bottom of the screen

Anonymous
2025-05-24T23:57:43+00:00

The vertical scroll bar on the far right of my Outlook.com window keeps jumping to the bottom of the screen whenever I click on one of my folders or an email. Then I can't see the ribbon above my emails. I push the scroll bar back to the top, but as soon as I click on a folder again, it jumps back to the bottom of the screen. It happens whether my zoom is at 100% or higher. I tried the repair option and restarting. I contacted Outlook Support and after 40 minutes, they said it's how Outlook is designed and can't be fixed. But it wasn't always this way and just started jumping. I see there was a related issue that was fixed in Feb 2025: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/issue-with-the-inbox-scrolling-bar/ce34dda6-7f02-4222-8c44-62b2d2ea485d

I am using a laptop. The issue is present in Chrome and Edge.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-29T12:28:56+00:00

    I am not using a mouse. This would lead me to believe it is a software issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T15:11:23+00:00

    I dont know why this issue is being blamed on users or their hardware. It is not. It is something the microsoft did sometime in May, and it's been creating havoc for users using numerous devices and software. I have not heard of one person getting rid of the problem, or any that don't have it. Just wish microsoft could firgure it out. Who has time to sit all day and go over a millions resolutions when you know you didn't do it. This is what forces folks to leave or drop products.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-16T14:54:37+00:00

    Well that's funny. I'm using (hotmail, outlook) live online and linux operating system. What ever they call it now. It was working fine until mid May 2025. I can assure you that it is not microsoft operating system, it is coding on the the live itself.

    So, what ever update or reinvented happened in May, that's what has created this problem. And in this forum are just the users we know of. Others may be trying to blame it on themselves to fix the problem. It is just a sorry situation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-10T21:19:26+00:00

    There was not a real fix. This is not a user issue. This was microsoft error or update or bug. Whatever. If they had a recent update around mid May that is when it happened, especially if it changed settings. Half of the resolutions from others give menus not in my outlook. I use it online. Not in the computer as windows all in one don't fit all.

    It is nothing to do with ads, nothing to do with full inboxes, nothing to do with anything the user did. It is a microsoft issue. Like many have reported, it happened mid May. If it isn't fixed, I surely cannot run this inbox like this. You can't clean it when the ribbon goes away. Having to scroll back up to get the ribbon back, is a setback in tecnology.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-25T16:19:12+00:00

    Yes I tried clearing the cache and history, no luck. The scroll bar works fine with other websites. Here is the screen shot. This shows it while I clicked on my Sent folder, but it happens when clicking on any folder (and when initially logging into Outlook).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments