I think my Microsoft account has been hacked.

Reported
Anonymous
2025-01-01T08:06:06+00:00

I think my Microsoft account has been hacked.My Microsoft account email and password have changed. What do I do?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-12T18:16:48+00:00

    Estoy notando que estaba llegando correos de códigos de seguridad de otros países y yo vivo en Ecuador y me siento inseguro por mis datos personales

    I am noticing that I was receiving emails with security codes from other countries and I live in Ecuador and I feel insecure about my personal data

    = = = = =

    This is very common. Anyone who knows the address can try to login to your account.

    Verify that you are using a strong password and/or are using two step verification.

    How secure is my password

    https://www.security.org/how-secure-is-my-password/

    How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-use-two-step-verification-with-your-microsoft-account-c7910146-672f-01e9-50a0-93b4585e7eb4 

    How to keep your Microsoft account safe and secure

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-help-keep-your-microsoft-account-safe-and-secure-628538c2-7006-33bb-5ef4-c917657362b9

    If there are enough of these login attempts that you really want to prevent them, this article tells how to do that. https://www.outlook-tips.net/tips/keeping-hackers-microsoft-accounts/ 

    Don

    0 comments No comments
  2. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-12T18:14:39+00:00

    Jorge Murillo2 wrote:

    Necesito ayuda, mi cuenta fue robada.

    How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised-microsoft-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

    Don

    0 comments No comments
  3. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-12T18:12:04+00:00

    justin francis1wrote:

    Hello microsoft my account stolen and hacked im trying to get my email back if help me out that would be grea

    How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised-microsoft-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

    Don

    0 comments No comments
  4. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-12T18:09:55+00:00

    Professor biscuit daddywrote:

    Should I be concerned about the hundreds of unsuccessful sign in attempts I have just seen after following up on multiple password reset codes I have not requested

    This is very common. Anyone who knows the address can try to login to your account.

    Verify that you are using a strong password and/or are using two step verification.

    How secure is my password

    https://www.security.org/how-secure-is-my-password/

    How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-use-two-step-verification-with-your-microsoft-account-c7910146-672f-01e9-50a0-93b4585e7eb4 

    How to keep your Microsoft account safe and secure

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-help-keep-your-microsoft-account-safe-and-secure-628538c2-7006-33bb-5ef4-c917657362b9

    If there are enough of these login attempts that you really want to prevent them, this article tells how to do that. https://www.outlook-tips.net/tips/keeping-hackers-microsoft-accounts/ 

    Don

    0 comments No comments
  5. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2025-01-12T18:07:04+00:00

    JoãoOK wrote:

    My Microsoft Account has been hacked and I don't know how it happened. My account that has been hacked was using the same email I'm using for this one. It has been a relatively long time since it happened, but now i can't access it. It just happened from a day to the other, and i simply couldn't access it. When it happened, ****

    i tried to enter with the email i'm using for this account and it said i didn't have any account with this email. And, somhow, when i tried with another method, imanaged to get this email: "georgii_gushchin9056" with the end: "@rambler.ru"I think the russian guy that hacked my account put his email as an alias and deleted mine.

    The only thing i bought was Minecraft, both for PC (the Java one) and the Windows 10 edition. (I bought through Microsoft Store, i think.)

    I hope you can help me, or else i'll have to spend R$100 (i'm from Brazil) on Minecraft again.

    There is no way for you to recover this account. Sorry.

    And since people ask...

    Microsoft Support contacted via phone or chat won't be able to help you with this.

    In this article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/contacting-support-for-a-microsoft-account-bb65aa6a-9135-31df-0b36-d6318d6f4e0f 

    is the warning that

    "Important:****To protect your account and its contents, our support agents and advocates are not allowed to send password reset links or access and change account details."

    Don

    0 comments No comments