Microsoft Outlook for Mac Version 16.80 will not sync email automatically

Anonymous
2023-12-13T20:11:06+00:00

It appears this update occurred today. Since the update, Outlook will not automatically bring in email (push setting) and must be manually synced each time. I have found no settings to help fix this. This stopped working concurrently with the update. Please fix this.

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-14T17:15:25+00:00

I emptied my Outlook cache and that appears to have fixed it. Right click inbox > properties > empty cache

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-07T18:50:58+00:00

    It appears this update occurred today. Since the update, Outlook will not automatically bring in email (push setting) and must be manually synced each time. I have found no settings to help fix this. This stopped working concurrently with the update. Please fix this.

    I was having this issue, and this was my solution:

    Running Build Version: 16.81.2

    go to system settings > Select your network preferences > Wired or Wifi > Check your DNS settings.

    The user was using DNS 127.0.0.1. I removed the settings, and it automatically updated to our default DNS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T20:11:35+00:00

    I had the same issue with the 16.77.1 legacy version (the new one is for kids, not for work). Clearing the cache and activating the sync shared mailbox seems valid. I'll monitor it for a few days before stating it worked for me.

    Thanks to those who proposed the solutions (kudos, Mathias Choules and Steve Plante).

    UPDATE JAN the 3RD. No way, sync is not working again.

    It stopped for us on 1/3 as well. Then it started working again until today. Are you seeing the issue again? Chatted with MS Support thru the Outlook app and sent diags but doesn't sound like they have a clue what is causing it.... This is so incredibly frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-20T18:09:36+00:00

    not for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments