Does the new outlook app have the junk mail filtering like the app that 365 has?

Anonymous
2023-11-02T17:09:09+00:00

Compare old V new Outlook

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-03-15T00:28:01+00:00

    Sorry, but it is NOT available unless you are using a Microsoft mail account. IMAP email from non-Microsoft servers have NO such option.

    That is by design, as Hal Hostetler confirmed in a previous message in this thread.

    You can send feedback to Microsoft using the Help > Feedback command in the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T16:59:55+00:00

    LOL - this message telling me there was a response to my post ended up in the "NEW OUTLOOK" junk folder - seriously, from Microsoft themselves, while I got others about free tools I have won at Lowe's and solutions for toenail fungus. Go figure.

    I think for my other email - my gmail account, I'm sticking with using Chrome for that.

    I need to set up rules and can't do that like I used to - my wife hated seeing my car-related email coming into the inbox with her quilting stuff so I had rules. No more. That's silly because rules are processed locally on the local computer by the local software (Outlook) using the local processor and RAM - so why get rid of rules and spam filtering which happened as the emails were streaming in.

    No wonder the State of Iowa moved to Google mail - away from Exchange and Outlook, just before I retired from their IT department as a network security admin. Funny stuff.

    Come on, Microsoft - you blocked a message about a reply to a post here but let toenail fungus spam through.

    RULES and SPAM FILTERING are all done locally - so why can't you run a rule and filter against messages as they come in, maybe use Hogwarts sorting hat HA.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T16:34:58+00:00

    Thank you for taking the time to investigate and reply. My findings are in sync with yours, and I am equally disappointed the Microsoft seems to have taken a step backwards in security and privacy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T16:31:37+00:00

    That totally sucks - so the "new outlook' is a downgrade from the old outlook - no rules, no filtering of any kind.

    IS there a way to dump the "new outlook" and downgrade to a better version now that I've literally spent hours trying to make this version work?

    I must have filtering and rules - so which version of Outlook DOES do spam filtering??

    This is worthless as heck, extremely disappointed that I bothered with 365 at all and spent my money for a whole year of something that isn't even going to work like my old email from years ago did.

    The version on 6 year old computer could filter spam and make rules!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T16:26:44+00:00

    Sorry, but it is NOT available unless you are using a Microsoft mail account. IMAP email from non-Microsoft servers have NO such option. I have spent the last FOUR HOURS, literally, not joking, digging through this thing and I'm sorely disappointed that I can't set up RULES or filter spam! I keep selecting "report as spam, then 10 minutes later identical messages come through.

    It is NOT there!! You can no longer even create rules!

    Now I need to find a way to downgrade from this "New Outlook" because I NEED rules and spam filtering which "new outlook" is clearly not capable of.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments