Does the new outlook app have the junk mail filtering like the app that 365 has?

Anonymous
2023-11-02T17:09:09+00:00

Compare old V new Outlook

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-08T23:52:14+00:00

    in emails click on your Email address you will see junk folder there as usual

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-25T20:09:04+00:00

    Oh great. They won't let me decide if it is harmful and it appears there is no way to over-ride this. The link works fine if I view the email at my ISP's website. So, I guess if I want to follow the link, I will have to log in their email portal and go from there. One interesting part is the link that doesn't work goes to eBay. I receive other email by the same service to other vendor/websites and they work fine. Apparently Microsoft has something against eBay! LOL

    Thanks for all the help and info. It is greatly appreciated.

    :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Hal Hostetler MVP-Outlook 12,011 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-05-25T17:03:40+00:00

    I've seen something like that once, A button with a link that acted like a picture in Classic Desktop but worked as a link in both Outlook for the Web (OWA) and Outlook New. In this particular case, it was the email itself, the link had a Safe links issue that Classic Desktop couldn't work with. Safe Links is a security feature in Microsoft 365 that protects against phishing attempts, viruses, and malware in Microsoft Outlook emails and other Office 365 applications. It scans links and attachments for known malicious websites and may rewrite URLs, add prefixes, or notify users when they click suspicious links. More info:

    Advanced Outlook.com security for Microsoft 365 subscribers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T23:44:49+00:00

    The email has a "button" that states "Activate Offer" that you are supposed to click. Doing so takes you to the website and the offer. But when I click on it, nothing happens and the portion containing the button and description act like a picture.

    Now, the interesting part is if there is an actual picture included, you can click on it and get the offer.

    If I had one or get another, I would/will post it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments