Does the new outlook app have the junk mail filtering like the app that 365 has?

Anonymous
2023-11-02T17:09:09+00:00

Compare old V new Outlook

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T02:16:29+00:00

    Thanks for the clarification on the Outlook version.

    Considering you are an IT guy, I would like to bounce an issue I have with my desktop version. It seems with some emails I receive using my desktop version, that contain a link, has the link disabled while others from the same place (Capital One Shopping) are fine. The link is clickable. I have found using the "New" Outlook, the links also work fine (switching back and forth between the two). I assume it is a setting in my desktop Outlook, but I sure can't seem to find it. Any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Hal Hostetler MVP-Outlook 12,011 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-05-24T00:36:42+00:00

    For clarification, the Outlook you bought is the Classic Desktop version. This version is still current, mainstream, and fully supported. By contrast Outlook New is a free client, it is in Preview, and has many shortcomings. Outlook New is not and will not be a replacement for Classic Desktop until at least 2029, some 5 years hence. FWIW, as an IT guy, I get email from Microsoft weekly, often every day or two. It is, however, NOTHING like the dozens I get a day from spammers who think I need new windows, or an extended car warranty, or an anti-virus package because my Outlook is infected with 6 trojans...the list goes on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-24T00:16:56+00:00

    Show you ads??????? I am talking about emails that are ads. I have never got them before this "new" outlook.

    FYI - I bought my copy of outlook as well as my copy Office. So, to claim I have a free account is untrue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-05-23T21:56:48+00:00

    Have you noticed Microsoft is sending spam to you through this new outlook? They call it "AD" and it is not going through your email account. Of course, if you don't want to see this ****, you have to pay Microsoft not to spam you. What a joke.

    The new Outlook when used with a free account will show you ads, just like the web browser version of Outlook does.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-05-23T14:47:37+00:00

    The new Outlook does not have that screen you showed.

    Frank,

    As stated earlier in this thread, the exact options you see will depend on the type of e-mail account.

    To get a full set of options, stick with the classic Outlook for Windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments