Appointments/Events have vanished from my Outlook calendar

Anonymous
2024-01-15T07:56:46+00:00

All my events / appointments/notes from my outlook calendar has disappeared - This is a very big issue

as these are weekly and monthly continuous notes that is updated

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Calendar

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-25T01:50:00+00:00

    When this happened to us, I got on chat with microsoft support. They told me the events would be in my "deleted items" folder and then I could restore them by looking there, selecting the items, and doing a restore. If that works for you, great. I had NO items in my "deleted items" folder and the tech who was on screen with me confirmed it. She had to go get supervisor help, but nothing they suggested worked. Fortunately I had made a backup of my calendar so we were able to restore it from backup. However, they had no idea how the events could have suddenly disappeared and no idea of a remedy. The strange thing is that after I restored all items, we now see 1 calendar event for everything, but if there was a reminder, there are 2 of them, and they are identical. I'd really like to see Microsoft fix Outlook. We keep Office365 for all the other apps, and back in the day, when we both worked at corporations with Exchange servers, Outlook worked well. We love Outlook but it is failing over and over in this and in other ways. I'm disappointed that without resolution, they are satisfied with the level of support.

    When the items all disappeared, my wife was searching calendar entries using the search feature and had just modified the entry she was looking for. Sometime between hitting the "save" button for the item and blinking her eyes, everything disappeared. If that is what you were doing when items disappeared, I suggest to NOT use any search features in the calendar until Microsoft supplies a patch of some kind.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-22T13:48:07+00:00

    As near as I can tell, the New Outlook is just a container to run the Browser/Cloud Outlook. thus forcing everyone to use the Cloud. This means you are relying completely on the Cloud, and this is one more form of major companies owning your information.

    Remember, "there is no Cloud, only other peoples computers!"

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-18T11:58:54+00:00

    I have seen the exact same issue for at least a year on just a couple of client mobile devices. It is so random and cannot be recreated on-demand. Please let me know if you find out anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T19:50:34+00:00

    Vicky:

    I'm not sure this is the issue, but I have noticed that any event posted on a shared Outlook calendar that I am the "owner" of that is categorized after being posted is disappearing off my Office 365 calendar, but remains on my Outlook app calendar on my phone, and the desktop calendar as well.

    I've now tried adding my own categories, each with a different color, but that simply leaves the event on my Office 365 calendar as a greyed-out event, while the color shows on the desktop and phone app versions of my Outlook calendar.

    It is EXTREMELY frustrating, and makes this shared calendar option far less workable.

    If you can located the event on a different version of the event, try going to "Event", select "Categorize", and then "Clear All". Right clicking may get you to the same options faster, but see if that resolves your issue until Microsoft can figure out what their coding has screwed up between versions and options.

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T07:16:36+00:00

    Did you inputted the calendar events by yourself or it was shared? - I entered the events for as long as l have been using outlook mobile

    Which Outlook version are you on? - Version 4.2347.4

    Do you see any specific error messages or do you encounter any that can help identify the issue more precisely. - No issue or error messages

    Check again that you are on the real account where the calendar is expected to be. - Correct email is being used

    PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS NOT ON A COMPUTER !!! THIS IS OUTLOOK ON MY PHONE AND THE WEB PAGE ONLY

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments