Outlook 2013 keeps asking for my outlook.com password

Anonymous
2023-10-11T15:44:59+00:00

Outlook 2013, which is up to date, keeps asking for my outlook.com password. I have already deleted Credentials as a fix was posted earlier. But it still didn’t not fix the constant request for password.

I created a new profile. Same problem. Could y create a new one because of constant request for password.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-02T14:31:10+00:00

    Olli, thanks for your feedback. After making the earlier post, things have improved. The pop up box asking for the password to be entered has stopped appearing, but every few hours I get a message in the taskbar notification area stating 'Outlook is attempting to connect to myaccount@outlook.com. If your password has changed it may ne'. (The notification box doesn't display the full message, I guess it should finish 'need resetting.')

    I've been ignoring this message because Outlook 2013 remains synchronised with my account and so the notification doesn't make sense.

    I haven't found a way to understand if Outlook 2013 is currently connected using an 'app password' or if it is using 2-Factor Authentication in the background.

    Whilst it continues to work, I won't experiment further!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T04:44:57+00:00

    Search doesn't find that string on windows 11 ....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T11:35:41+00:00

    Hi, How do you add this registry key? When looking at the registry I only find disable.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T14:44:29+00:00

    Hello

    I'm not sure I understand your comment. I was saying that I had changed my Gmail password and Outlook would no longer connect to Gmail, constantly asking for a password. There are lots of conflicting comments about this on here. However, it appears that the problem is with 2-factor authorisation, which of course you can't use with just a simple password. So, you need an "app password", and the link I gave shows how to do that for Gmail. My Outlook now coonects to Gmail perfectly. I will need to do this again every time I change the Gmail password.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T14:25:27+00:00

    My gmail account comes in perfectly. No problems at all with it. I only have problems with my outlook.com email since October 4. Thank you though for reconfirming that gmail is no problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments