Outlook 2013 keeps asking for my outlook.com password

Anonymous
2023-10-11T15:44:59+00:00

Outlook 2013, which is up to date, keeps asking for my outlook.com password. I have already deleted Credentials as a fix was posted earlier. But it still didn’t not fix the constant request for password.

I created a new profile. Same problem. Could y create a new one because of constant request for password.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T03:06:18+00:00

    I believe you are correct, as I have said in a prior post, we are being forced away from a proven product to one that is unproven and broken. I refuse to give in, I would rather move to another product than give in to corporate strong-arm tactics.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T20:17:28+00:00

    Hello,

    This is becomming utter BS... The current status with Outlook 2013 and *@hotmail.com e-mail address is that I can not use it at all unless I delete the account and create it again in Outlook 2013. And as soon as I close it, I have to do it again. Using the application password does not help any more - not even for a brief moment. It is unreal that I can use Outlook 2013 with other e-mail accounts, but not with hotmail account.

    Seems like a subtle way of Microsoft to hardpush customers away from their servers to free up e-mail space or to get them to pay for another software that isn't equal nor better than the previous software. I am dissapointed in this behaviour.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-27T21:08:01+00:00

    Did not work for me... =(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-23T19:05:46+00:00

    In other words, instead of fixing an issue that would allow me to use a program I paid for, the solution is to force a move by irritating me with constant prompts for a password.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T11:32:31+00:00

    I eventually found the answer was to use an app password.

    I am connecting to Gmail and the instructions to follow are here ...

    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?sjid=6717110859781846582-EU#zippy

    I guess there are similar instructions for other connections.

    It is very straightforward, when you know how!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments