How do we keep formatting when pasting into new signature

Anonymous
2024-01-24T19:48:29+00:00

We are not yet in a directory environment, so use a copy/paste from a Word template or an older sent email to create signatures. When I try to paste a well formatted signature into the signature block (Accounts/Signatures) for New Outlook, there is no way to remember formatting when pasting. Ctrl+V does not keep the font, hyperlinks or graphic. The only easy way I've found to recreate it is to start in the older version of Outlook, create the signature and then switch to the new version. How can we easily do this right in the new version?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-01T20:08:17+00:00

    Same issue. Copy/paste worked a month ago and now it's not. Everything is unformatted now. My design agency is not able to update and test the email signatures for our client. Our hands are tied.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-23T11:06:46+00:00

    This issue has caused me no end of grief. All the employees who use our signatures from our downloadable Word document want to know why it looks so terrible when pasted into Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-18T23:32:10+00:00

    I think I may have stumbled on something. When working in Outlook NEW and going through the process above, before I pasted the email signature block i created in Word into an Outlook message, I went to my settings and changed this.

    When in your message and in outlook online, click on the Gear icon top right

    in the search dialog box, type "paste" and select "Cut, copy and paste" from the selection.

    In the cut, copy and paste section, make sure that "Keep source formatting" is selected for both as your default

    then when you copy out of your word document where you have created an email signature (and i suggest you do this in a table as it seems to hold together better) copy by selecting and ctrl C and then paste into your email OR into the signature dialogue box with Ctrl V. It has worked for me. I did have an image in my signature, and i had to save that separately out of my word email sig setup and then insert by doing this.

    Good Luck and Merry Xmas!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-18T21:25:39+00:00

    this subject is driving me to drink! so today i created an email signature in MS Word after hours and hours of trying to get this to work and then giving up for a month - (New version) in a table with lines and a logo and different size text, and just to test the waters to see if anything had been done about it, i recklessly copied it into an email in Outlook NEW and IT ASKED ME IF I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THE FORMATTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I nearly cried. I said yes, and IT DID. I put down my bottle of Vodka and thought, "Right!, now I can finalise the other 30 signatures I need to do for my client" (between sobs).
    I repeated the process and got a popup that told me I was pasting a complex ... thingy and that i could chose from Ctrl v, or Ctrl shift v.

    No, formatting was pasted. I picked up my bottle of vodka, poured it into a glass and topped it up with Jagermeister. Microsoft Outlook New... Merry Christmas. Someone in admin, please help before more people lose their minds.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments