How do we keep formatting when pasting into new signature

Anonymous
2024-01-24T19:48:29+00:00

We are not yet in a directory environment, so use a copy/paste from a Word template or an older sent email to create signatures. When I try to paste a well formatted signature into the signature block (Accounts/Signatures) for New Outlook, there is no way to remember formatting when pasting. Ctrl+V does not keep the font, hyperlinks or graphic. The only easy way I've found to recreate it is to start in the older version of Outlook, create the signature and then switch to the new version. How can we easily do this right in the new version?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-02T15:52:47+00:00

    This is still an issue. Microsoft, please fix this so our hundreds of employees can utilize the new signature. Unbelievable it's been almost a year since this was brought to your attention and still no solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-19T06:58:24+00:00

    Pour me one too - why/ how is this still a thing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T19:12:33+00:00

    Hello Folks. Hopefully helping here. The formatting doesn't hold when pasting from Word to HTML, obviously. I've been creating the signature in the Old Desktop Outlook, then turning on 'Sync my Microsoft 365 settings'. This mostly worksbut I've had issues when doing this for multiple accounts under the same profile. Usually after 4, the last one won't sync. regardless, this works for new and current signatures that format correctly in the Old Outllook when you paste and not the new outlook. This Microsoft's workaround, I guess

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-10T21:07:34+00:00

    Thank you so much! This worked; however, I couldn't edit it once I'd dragged it over. I am covering someone's maternity leave so wanted to use their signature block and just change their name to mine since all of the other data will remain the same, so I needed to edit it in an email before dragging and dropping it in, but SUCCESS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-25T09:09:37+00:00

    Dear DebBoyce,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

    Based on your description, you want to keep the formatting when pasting into a new signature in New Outlook for Windows.

    I was wondering when you paste the content in the signature, did the format changed into plain text? If it's the issue, after you paste the content into signature, please right click the content, and selcet Paste rather than Paste as plain text.

    .

    This should keep the formatting of the signature when pasting it into the new signature block. If this does not work, it might be the new Outlook product issue/bug.

    So sorry to bring you inconvenience. I know sometimes it is really inconvenient for us to use Outlook without this feature. I can understand your mood. Thanks for bring this to Microsoft Community. Since I think your idea is really constructive. I will report this to Microsoft. Meanwhile, I sincerely suggest you post this precious suggestion to Microsoft. Microsoft will update their product based on customers' suggestions. Believe your suggestion will help many other people in the future. Your understanding and co-operation are highly appreciated.

    Here is our official URL to submit your suggestion:Outlook · Community (microsoft.com).

    After submitting the feedback, will you please share me the feedback link, I will ask my team to help vote for it. Through this, our support engineers will be able to collate data and supporting details regarding this and might consider adding the feature as a good ground for future updates.

    Thanks for your precious time and your understanding would be highly appreciated. Have a nice day!

    Sincerely,

    Sherry | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments