How do we keep formatting when pasting into new signature

Anonymous
2024-01-24T19:48:29+00:00

We are not yet in a directory environment, so use a copy/paste from a Word template or an older sent email to create signatures. When I try to paste a well formatted signature into the signature block (Accounts/Signatures) for New Outlook, there is no way to remember formatting when pasting. Ctrl+V does not keep the font, hyperlinks or graphic. The only easy way I've found to recreate it is to start in the older version of Outlook, create the signature and then switch to the new version. How can we easily do this right in the new version?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-06T15:42:38+00:00

    New Outlook asked me about my opinion and if I had any issues so I wasn't shy to raise this to the Support team. After sending them a recording of how copy/paste of signature doesn't keep formatting, I got the following feedback:

    As per the concern, we have been taken this information to our engineering team and they have found the known problem in the product*. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, at this point in time we have no final date available as it is too early in the process, hence* ETA is still unknown*.*

    For now, a workaround is to manually resize the image (click on the image in the signature editor, click on one of the corners and drag it) and it should take the original formatting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T11:32:21+00:00

    I got an image in by copying it separately (faff as more work) then -pasting with Ctrl+V. Copied from desktop Outlook. Not at all ideal as we are looking to move to online apps only!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-27T18:39:47+00:00

    Hi there! Is there any update on this issue? I am a new employee, trying to set up my company's custom signature, and when I try to copy and past my co-workers, all of the custom color and font is removed. I can copy and paste into Word just fine, but not into Outlook. Is there an update on this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-09T19:03:45+00:00

    Hi Sherry, that doesn't work. Whether I select just paste or paste to plain text, it pastes to plain text. Do we have another solution yet?

    Thanks,
    Dawn

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T19:08:10+00:00

    Also posting as an image does not work for people who need to use apps to read emails. Apps can not read a image.

    We need to have solutions that work for all

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments