Add new participants to Outlook without having to send it to everybody

Anonymous
2024-02-21T00:20:11+00:00

How can I add a new person to a recurring invitation without having to send to all participants in the meeting. It doesn't give me the option to send to 'updated invitees only'. I use the desktop version not the web version

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-30T17:29:06+00:00

    This functionality seems to have been added now in the new Outlook - when you hit send on the modified invite a pop-up window asks if you want to send to all attendees or just to the newly added.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-09T15:39:00+00:00

    Hi All,

    I recently had success with this, so hoping this tip helps. I have a Mac and have never seen the option to only send the invite to added attendees in the outlook app. I logged into outlook online, and opened the invite, went to scheduling assistant, added an attendee, and clicked send. Once I clicked send, it gave me the option to only send to added attendees. Not an ideal user experience but it got the job done! Note - I think if you make any other changes to the invite outside of adding attendees, it will remove the option to only send the invite to added attendees.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T23:17:42+00:00

    This solution does not work in the 'New' version of Outlook calendar - there is no way to add or remove participants without notifying the entire participant list - which is impractical when organising large events where participants are added and removed all the time.

    I will also need to switch back to the old version for now - any new enhancements are far outweighed by this important functionality not being there anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-03T02:37:08+00:00

    So update! I took the risk. I used the old outlook and the "scheduling assistant" option as described above. Added some required participants and moved up some participants who were "optional" to the "required" section and "saved" (or pretty much "save and send update").

    I was already added to this invite on my own email but the invite was originally sent from a shared account, so I was doing all this from that shared account. My test for if it notifies everyone then was if it notified me in my personal email. Thankfully I got no notification which means that the "send update" only went to those affected (the new emails added).

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T09:02:48+00:00

    I have also had to revert to old Outlook - this is very annoying - especially when 150 people come back complaining about repetitive invitations. Please give me back that old piece of functionality!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments