Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Make your change to the attendees list. Hit 'send'. Outlook will ask if it should go to the updated attendees or everyone.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
How can I add a new person to a recurring invitation without having to send to all participants in the meeting. It doesn't give me the option to send to 'updated invitees only'. I use the desktop version not the web version
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Make your change to the attendees list. Hit 'send'. Outlook will ask if it should go to the updated attendees or everyone.
It doesn't have that option every time. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't and I can't for the life of me figure out why!? I create the meeting, I should be able to make additions or deletions and have that option pop up EVERY time!!!
So if you delete all the previous participants and only add your new attendee, then only that person will receive the invite? I have a meeting with 100+ people. Don't want to resend and clog up email boxes for the rest.
Please advise
Thank you for your time.
Shannon M.
Hi Tracey Farrar,
Understandable this is an issue with the desktop client, that you can't add a new meeting participant very easily without sending out a notification to everyone.
This causes issues when you are organizing large meetings and you get confirmations one by one, over a period of time and you need to send them an invite as a confirmation.
I recommend you can try using a 3rd party tool like Let's Calendar - www.letscalendar.com via which you can organize these calendar invites and then add participants to them one-by-one.
The USP of www.letscalendar.com is that it will natively integrate with your O365 account, and send the invites via your calendar to the participants so they will see YOUR name as the sender and not someone else, and then because you can send 1:1 invites, you can personalize these invites as well with all the relevant details you want.
All native O365 features will work like tracking responses, editing the meeting, rescheduling it or updating it.
Do give it a try, it may help your use case out.
Agreed. After you forward it to the added recipient, you have to save and close the meeting invitation without sending.