Outlook for Android notifications stopped working

Anonymous
2024-01-16T00:56:59+00:00

Outlook for Android notifications stopped popping up around January 10, 2024. Emails are syncing properly but no notifications are coming up. Calendar and support notifications do show up properly and timely. Also, random email notifications appear from time to time (~1 in 100 emails) without a specific pattern as to why they show up.

Device: Pixel 8 Pro (updated)

App: Outlook (current version)

Account: Personal (Microsoft 365 Personal subscription)

Attempted troubleshooting steps:

  • Checked notification setting and enabled / disabled each notification type in app and in Android settings
  • Tested push notification in app and provided screenshot to mobile support team (most of the time test is successful sometimes it does time out)
  • Cleared storage & cache / deleted account / reinstalled app
  • Restarted device and tested with / without wi-fi
  • Installed Outlook Lite and all notifications are working properly (emails arrive at the same time in both apps but Outlook does not generate a notification)

I have a ticket open with support for about a week now but so far no progress.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if you found a fix.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-25T00:36:21+00:00

    I don't think it's possible in Lite Outlook right now... Seems like there's just the option to receive notifications for all emails.

    I've got the same issue on my Samsung S8 as well... The workaround I found was to log in Samsung Email to my Outlook email account, because it has a similar system called VIPs. I can receive email notifications from my Outlook email address for the contacts I want, and then view the emails in the outlook app... It doesn't matter to me that the notifications come from a different app. But it's only a workaround - I hope this issue gets fixed soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T04:33:10+00:00

    So how do you have the notifications set for favorite people. in lite outlook?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T00:51:41+00:00

    ... As a temporary solution I would suggest installing Outlook Lite which worked perfectly for me and just waiting for the next update if you don't feel like spending hours and energy with the in-app support team. :)

    Hmm, today I installed Outlook Lite on my (aging) Samsung Galaxy S8, in the hope that it'd read my calendar from an Exchange Server and notify me audibly of upcoming events. Well ... it loads quickly, displays my calendar nicely with a reasonably-intuitive editing interface; but I haven't figured out how to persuade it to notify me audibly. I don't even see an option for notification of events in the Settings area under Calendar! In Settings/Notifications I see only two slidebar options: "Send me notifications" and "For messages". Well by the time you read this, they'll probably have revved Outlook Lite again... I'm' running v 3.27.6 (603276) -- which *might* be the sixth rev today in whatever timezone is used for the timestamp!!!

    I have the impression that notifications are pretty evil for an Android dev -- you gotta deal with possibly-subtle poorly-documented differences in how many different versions running on many different phones will behave? My Galaxy S8 is running the latest version of Android v9 (last updated Sept 2022), and One UI v1.0 (10..0.40.42). Your droid will almost-certainly be different to mine!

    To add to the "fun", there are several types of notifications an app may send, and AFAIK there's no reliable way for an app to forward-schedule a notification -- instead an app must be "awake" enough to signal the notification. See https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/the-samsung-phones-applications-arent-sending-notifications/So... I'm not gonna futz around in the hope of getting Outlook Lite to reliably "remind" me (audibly) of an impending event... indeed I'm not at all sure I'd be happy to have Outlook Lite always being "awake" when I'm not using my phone. I quite like having a phone that'll run for days between charges!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T03:05:20+00:00

    Hi again,

    I'm sorry I wasn't able to help, unfortunately, I do not have any more troubleshooting to offer, there are knowledgeable experts on the platform and I hope someone else will take a look at your issue.

    Thanks, Sola

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T03:53:53+00:00

    Hi Bob,

    Thanks for contacting us and sorry for the inconveniences,

    I see you've exhausted most of the troubleshooting, restart your device as that will assist in fixing Outlook services in the background.

    Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

    Regards, Sola

    “Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. “

    Kindly note that this is a user to user forum, we are users helping other users, we aren't Microsoft employee neither are we Microsoft agents.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments