Unable to move emails between different inboxes?!

Anonymous
2024-04-08T23:38:20+00:00

On my new outlook I'm unable to move/drag emails between different inboxes. I used to be able to do this on the old outlook application but now that I've transferred to the new one I cannot anymore.

As I have 3 different emails on my one app being our stores email, my own work email and my bosses inboxes all on my one application this is such an important feature I need to be able to sort and organise emails around the different inboxes.

Someone please help or have a solution for this!

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T05:35:50+00:00

    Hello Siobhan16,

    Thank you for posting this case in Microsoft Community!

    Based on your description: Unable to move emails between different inboxes in New Outlook. I would like to cooperate with you working on this case. To clarify this case, currently it still does not support to move/drag any emails directly to different Inbox folders by email account level as this feature is not available yet. As further testing from my side, it is supported to move any selected emails with right clicking Move options to different folders under same account or move to other Inbox folder such as Shared mailbox and delegated access mailbox.

    I understand your query here but, please note Microsoft is constantly working on improving this product and adding more new features and the new Outlook for windows (Preview) version is still under active development. Therefore, I suggest keeping an eye on the Microsoft Outlook blog or the Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365 for any updates on this feature. Now Microsoft 365 Roadmap is Rollout Start new feature for copy email items in New Outlook which could meet your requirement soon. You may keep monitor the latest news on this:

    In the meantime, I do apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, if you heavily rely on this feature, you may consider Toggling out of the new Outlook for Windows preview - Microsoft Support for now. I will also update here once I get additional information and the specific timeline for the feature will be added.

    At this point, it is also recommended that click Help > Feedback or Contact support and provide feedback within the new Outlook for Windows and add your concern as an idea through the new Outlook in-app support Feedback site. Microsoft will keep monitoring customers feedback and valuable ideas there to consider/include in the future product update.

    Hope the above workaround would be helpful. If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know, I will keep assisting you.

    Your understanding and patience will be appreciated.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-31T10:23:02+00:00

    Why is it that this was easily functionable in Outlook, but not in New Outlook. This is an annoying backward step!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-21T15:13:56+00:00

    this is really bad... I'm curious, when this feature will be available again - meanwhile I'll switch the toggle back and "Leaving the new Outlook"

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T17:27:58+00:00

    It is now December 25, 2024, and it is still not possible to move emails from one mailbox to another under New Outlook like it was possible to do under the old Outlook.

    When will Microsoft issue a patch to correct this problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T13:45:10+00:00

    When will be able to file messages between accounts? This is terrible that it does not allow you to file between accounts. Now I have to toggle back and forth between the new and old outlook, this is not right. Please get this fixed ASAP, thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments